We Are OPEN!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines, including helping you with your oral health.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office follows the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures are current and effective.
We are happy to announce that we have added air purification filters throughout the office which can kill 99.99% of bacteria, viruses and other microbes in the air. In addition, we have installed state-of-the-art vacuum and suction appliances in each treatment room. These appliances will contain and eliminate air-borne pathogens during dental procedures.
You will see some new processes when it is time for your next appointment. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- You will be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive to the office.
- You will be asked to wash your hands with soap and water as soon as you enter the office.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival.
- You will notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and other items that are difficult to clean.
- You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment in order to allow for physical distancing between patients. In addition, we ask that only scheduled patients come to the office. No friends or family will be allowed to wait in the waiting area (secondary waiting area available for special circumstances)
- You will be asked to bring a face mask to wear when you enter the office. If you don’t have one, we can provide one for you for $3.00 each.
- We will ask that you rinse with a dilute hydrogen peroxide solution just prior to any procedure.
- If you or anyone in your household have had any of the following symptoms within 2 weeks prior to your appointment, please call to reschedule your appointment: fever, cough, breathing difficulty, loss of taste or smell.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call our office at (510) 452-1068 or visit our website at www.GrandAvenueDentist.com.
Most of all, thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Donald K. Ruddell, DDS and the entire Team